The adult entertainment industry is continually soaked in alluring mystique like butter on toast. Whether you’re an aficionado of the adult entertainment industry or seeking to garner a mass following and be part of the heat itself, like models on Only Fans, you may not know these five adult entertainment tidbits.
From facts about performing arts, to exotic dancing, to empowerment, and escort services, these five industry facts may be tidbits you didn’t know.
5 Incredible Adult Entertainment Facts You May Not Know
- PASS. Sharon Mitchell, a porn star turned physician, established a system and database that tracks the health of porn stars in the adult entertainment industry. PASS, or Performer Availability Scheduling Services, tests performers every 14 days for STD’s and the like, and enters the results into a database which informs producers if and when performers are safely ready to work.
- Run and Owned Mostly by Women. Porn stars reveal that “the production houses of adult films are mostly owned by females”.
- Women are Paid More than Men. That’s right! Ladies cash larger cheques than their male costars. Empowering women leads to strength, independence, self-reliance, and security. OnlyFans is a resource for doing just that.
- What’s in a Name? There’s a lot more thought and consideration that goes into choosing a porn star name than most people realize. The name a performer chooses needs to not only represent their brand, but their overall style and spunk as well. By first researching their name ideas, porn performers can cross reference their potential options with www.IAFD.com. IAFD, or the Internet Adult Film Database, covers “over 490,038 titles and 200,604 performers and directors…[and] is the premier resource for information about the American porn community on the web”.
- The Numbers. Adult entertainment industry statistics are astonishing tidbits by themselves. Check out these consumer facts from NCOSE:
So whether it’s performing arts, exotic dancing, or webcamming, the adult entertainment industry is not only a hugely lucrative system that appeals to the masses, but it drips with allure as it has for decades past and as it will continue to do for decades to come.