The key to having a good night’s sleep lies in the sheet you lay on your bed. Luckily, sheet sets are available in a number of sizes, depending on your bed and mattress size. Whichever size you choose, one factor you need to keep in mind is ‘comfort’. To find out which sheet size is most suitable for your bed, understanding the different sizes available out there is a must.
Here are a few pointers that might help you in making the right choice:
- In king size sheet sets you will find four pieces, one 110 x 102 inches long flat sheet, one 78 x 80 inches long fitted sheet, and two 20 x 40 inches long pillowcases.
- You can explore more options. Queen size sheet sets include four pieces, one 102 x 90 inches long flat sheet, one 80 x 60 inches long fitted sheet, and two 20 x 30 inches long pillowcases.
- As far as twin sheet sets are concerned, they includes four pieces, 96 x 66 inches long flat sheet, one 75 x 38 inches long fitted sheet, and two 20 x 30 inches long pillowcases.
- If you check out Cal king sheet sets, they contain four pieces, one 110 x 102 inches long flat sheet, one 72 x 84 inches long fitted sheet, and two 20 x 40 inches long pillowcases.
- The Olympic queen sheet sets include four pieces, one 96 x 102 inches long flat sheet, one 66 x 80 inches long fitted sheet, and two 20 x 32 inches long pillowcases.
Depending upon the set you choose, some of these sheet sets also come with 6 pieces, in which two extra pillow covers are included. These sheets fit the mattress up to 16 inches deep, and if your mattress is less than 16 inches deep, then it will give it a nice fit. In most cases, these sheet sets are universal in size that fit almost all mattresses.
Choosing the Right Sheet Set
Apart from sheet size, you must also give attention to the material of the sheets. For instance, cotton is light and soft, and is more appropriate for summers. But satin is luminous, lustrous, silky and smooth. Flannel is known for its breathability and luxurious warmth, which make it a perfect sheet for winter months. Apart from these common options, you can also find sheet sets in fabrics like rayon, viscose, bamboo, polyester, microfiber, etc.
In addition to the material, you should also give attention to the sheet’s thread count, which refers to the number of threads woven vertically and horizontally into the sheet. Sheets with higher thread count would be soft and wear well.
Once you have selected the right material and thread count of your sheet, you need to give attention to its size. Available in a number of sizes mentioned above, you can also find sheet sets for sleep racks, sofa beds, split sets, rollaway beds, day beds, bunk beds, etc.
So, whether you are looking for a sheet set for your master bed, vacation home, spare room or kids’ room, browse through the sheet sets available at PushpLinen and identify the one that is best for you.