Everyone likes to be up to date with the latest fashion choices and ongoing trends. It’s easy to buy new clothes or bags; however, getting new hair according to the latest trend is not a piece of cake. Many of you, at one point, must have received a bad haircut or must have regretted cutting your hair too short. Nevertheless, with the introduction of hair extensions in Melbourne, you do not have to wait for weeks, months or years to achieve your original hair length. The wide range of hair extensions undoubtedly makes it easy for you to choose the desired style, length and colour that suits your natural hair the best.
The hair extension industry in Melbourne has 25 plus years of experience and provides one of the best permanent extensions. Salons in Melbourne use natural virgin hair as extensions. Moreover, they use a method that maintains the natural hair quality and encourages the healthy growth of your hair. Instead of using glues or tapes, these salons hand sew the extensions to extension points, making them long-lasting and natural-looking.
Reasons to get hair extensions:
- People struggling to grow their hair naturally can use hair extensions to make their hair look longer and thicker.
- Hair extensions can refurbish your look for certain temporary occasions.
- Good quality hair extensions add depth to your hair and make it look shiny, silky and healthy.
- They can be used to add temporary colour without the need for harsh chemicals that may permanently damage the texture and quality of your hair.
Things to consider before getting hair extensions in Melbourne :
- Always get your hair extensions installed by a professional hairstylist to prevent hair damage.
- The hair extensions must not be very tight and pull your hair strands. In case it does, instantly consult your hairstylist and adjust it.
- Always choose good quality hair extensions. Although they can be super expensive, they won’t affect your hair quality in the long run. Cheap extensions can not only damage your hair but also your scalp.
- Always take care of your organic hair. No matter how good the extensions are, they are accessories, and without regular care, they may cause damage. Therefore, oiling regularly and going for good hair treatments can maintain the quality of your hair.
Types of hair extension methods :
With the growing popularity of hair extensions in Melbourne, several methods have been introduced based on style, convenience and preference. Here are a few:-
- Tape-in extensions – If you are looking for a quick and temporary change of hair, tape-in extensions are your best friends. These can be put in a few hours before your event. They come with wefts of about two to eight inches long, and each filament is accompanied by polyurethane tape attached to your hair. They ideally last for about six weeks and can be removed using a solvent. The best part about these extensions is that they are reusable.
- Micro-ring extensions – These extensions come in bunches of hair and are coiled through tiny segments of your original hair. The hair implant is secured with the assistance of a metal bead that is clamped. These last for about three months and blend in flawlessly with your hair. Micro ring extensions can also be reused and attached again later.
- Weaving – This technique involves sewing the hair extensions into natural hair using a needle and thread. This method is often used for people with thick wavy hair as the extensions need to be concealed. These extensions can last for two-three months if well-looked after.
- Clip-in extensions – This is the best solution for a person who wants long hair within a matter of seconds. All you have to do is clip in the extensions to the hair and comb through to blend it in. These can be removed whenever required.