Liver is one of the vital organs in our body. The liver especially regulates the chemical levels in the blood then excretes the unique product called as Bile. It would be mainly helpful for easily carrying away the waste products from Liver. The Blood leaving the stomach and intestines would later pass through the liver. The liver also plays an important role in digesting the food and getting rid of the toxic substances from the body. Liver problems are caused by many numbers of reasons that include viruses, alcohol use, obesity, and many others. When you have early signs of liver damage then it is important to consult the doctor for getting the right treatment immediately.
Symptoms Of Alcohol-Related Liver Disease:
Alcohol-Related Liver Disease (ARLD) is one of the causes of Liver damages. More than 8 to 10% of Americans drink heavily and suffering from ARLD. These conditions can damage the liver which could lead to scarring (cirrhosis) and they would lead to liver failure which is quite life-threatening. The symptoms of liver damage are –
- Skin and eyes appear Yellowish (jaundice)
- Swelling in the legs and ankles
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine color
- Pale stool color
- Chronic fatigue
- Nausea or vomiting
Types Of Alcohol-Related Liver Disease (ARLD):
The symptoms of ARLD depend on various stages of the disease. These stages:
- Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease – Alcoholic fatty liver disease is the first stage of Alcohol-Related Liver Disease as it accumulates around the liver
- Acute Alcoholic Hepatitis – Alcohol abuse could cause inflammation (swelling) in the liver. It leads to the severity of the damage.
- Alcoholic Cirrhosis – The Alcoholic Cirrhosis stage is a severe form of ARLD
When you have the early signs of liver damage then taking medication is quite important to heal. Reducing the drinking of alcohol is one of the best ways for avoiding diseases.