The State Bank of India conducts SBI exams annually for multiple posts to recruit candidates into the banking sector. A job in the banking domain is considered highly prestigious and therefore, a large number of candidates appear for the SBI exams every year.
SBI Exams are conducted for the following posts:
- SBI Probationary Officer (PO)
- SBI Clerk (Junior Associates)
- SBI Specialist Cadre Officer (SCO/ SO)
SBI will soon release the official notification for SBI PO 2020. Candidates aspiring to crack the SBI PO exam should soon start their preparation for the examination. It is also advisable to have a clear idea of the exam pattern to understand the level of examination.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The SBI PO examination is conducted in three phases:
- SBI PO Prelims
- SBI PO Mains
- SBI PO Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Candidates who clear the first two phases are called for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
SBI PO Prelims Exam: This is an online examination of 100 marks and consists of the following three sections:
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning Ability
SBI PO Mains Exam: SBI PO Exam (Mains) question paper comprises 155 questions and consist of 4 sections:
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- English Language
SBI PO Group Discussion and Personal Interview: This is the final stage of the SBI PO exam. Here, the shortlisted candidates have a final face-to-face interaction with the interview panel of the respective bank.
Preparation Tips for SBI PO Exam
Since a large number of candidates apply for the bank exams every year, the competition remains high. Candidates should follow a proper preparation strategy to score well in the SBI PO Exam. Some of the important preparation tips for the SBI PO Exams are mentioned below:
- Before preparing themselves for the examination, a clear picture of the marking pattern and syllabus is very important. A proper division of the SBI PO syllabus will help in time management of the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to follow a comfortable timetable before starting with their preparation as it will help them distribute the subjects according to the time table and also in better preparation.
- Regular solving of SBI PO Mock tests and SBI PO Previous Year Papers will let the candidate be familiar with the level of examination. Doing so will also help him/her to score well in the examination.
- Candidates should prepare well for the quantitative aptitude and reasoning section. The major focus should be given on understanding and practising the concepts on a regular basis, which will help them to improve their logical thinking skills.
Why are SBI PO Mock Tests important?
The SBI PO Mock Test plays an important role in helping the candidates to prepare well for the examination. The mock tests consist of questions from three different sections namely: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal Ability.
Some of the benefits of solving the SBI PO Mock Test are as follows:
- It helps in improving the speed of the candidate. The more regularly a candidate takes online mock tests, the more he will enhance his speed.
- It also helps the candidates to learn time management for attempting questions based on their difficulty level.
- Taking up online tests will let the candidate identify their weaker and stronger sections, concerning a particular topic or subject.
- The SBI PO Mock Tests also let the candidates know their individual scores, thus, helping them to analyze the subject knowledge and in filling the loopholes present in the study plan.
- Solving the mock tests and attempting a variety of questions regularly boosts confidence and reduces pre-exam pressure of the candidates.
There are several mock tests and online quizzes that are available online. Taking up these mock tests on a regular basis will help the candidates in building up their confidence. Candidates can also download the SBI PO Previous Year Papers that are available online.