Road accidents are very common in San Diego. The most common injuries faced by the accident victims are spinal cord, back, and neck injuries. Even a minor car accident can result in herniated spinal disk or whiplash. In such a case a motorcycle crash lawyer California can help your receive fair compensation.
Depending on the type of injury you have sustained, a car crash lawyer California can help you get a surgical procedure to repair it. These injuries have a significant impact on the victim’s life like loss of income, medical bills and inability to perform day-to-day activities. The emotional toil in such a situation is also debilitating. A wheeler crash lawyer California can help you pursue accident claim so that mounting medical bills do not overburden you.
Types of Back Injuries:
The victims of the accident can encounter several types of back injuries. Some common types of back injuries are:
- Back Spasms: It is the tensing of the muscles in the lower back.
- Slipped Discs: The disc between the spinal bones ruptures in a condition. It causes problems in walking, running, and standing.
- Back Strains or Sprains: It is an injury in the tendon or muscle whereas a back sprain is caused due to tearing of the ligament.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: It is one of the most dangerous types of back injuries, which may cause paralysis. A paralytic patient requires lifelong care.
- Spinal fractures: It is the dislocation of the vertebra. This dislocation can damage the spinal cord or spinal nerves.
- Hematoma: It is the accumulation of the blood between the dura of the spinal cord and the vertebrae. It can cause devastating consequences.
- Torn Ligaments: Ligaments are the tissues that hold bones together. They can get torn from their attachments due to back injury.
- Nerve Damage: A nerve damage is extremely painful and debilitating. It causes many problems in the hips.
- Sciatica: Pain starts from the sciatic nerve in the lower back to your buttocks, hips, and legs.
- Disc compression: It is caused due to sudden pressure on the spinal cord. It leads to weakness in arms, legs, and feet.
Types of Back Surgeries
Spine injuries are very serious and the patient has to suffer lifelong consequences. Performing certain surgeries can help to relieve the pain and minimize the damage. Different surgeries performed after back injuries are:
- Laminectomy: This surgery is performed to ease the pressure on spinal nerves. This surgery is performed when the victim suffers from herniated spinal disk or any injury causing incontinence or muscle weakness.
- Disectomy: It is a type of surgery that is performed to correct the herniated disc. It helps to restore the normal functioning of the back in case the patient suffers from muscle weakness and chronic pain.
- Kyphoplasty: This type of surgery is performed in the case of spinal fractures. Spinal fractures are extremely painful and can lead to spinal cord instability.
- Vertebroplasty: The surgery is used to stabilize the spine after injury. This surgery is common for victims with chronic pain or pinched nerves.
- Spinal Fusion: It is one of the most expensive back surgeries. It is a complex back surgery performed after a serious spinal fracture.
In case of back injury seeking the help of San Diego back, an injury lawyer is the wisest decision. An attorney will help you to get appropriate treatment and will also protect your legal rights. Taking the advice of an experienced attorney can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Nakase Law Firm has efficient lawyers who will help you protect every aspect of your legal rights. They fight for you until you get what you deserve.